USB Solutions for INTEGRITY
Green Hills Software offers complete, high-performance USB 2.0 solutions for the INTEGRITY Real-Time Operating System (RTOS). Both Host and Device (Function) stacks are available in addition to numerous class drivers and example applications for using both stacks. The stacks and drivers are all delivered with full source code. These products allow developers to quickly and easily add USB connectivity to INTEGRITY based devices.
- Responsible for enumerating the USB devices connected to the host
- Provides data transfer mechanisms via a simple API for Control, Interrupt, Bulk, and Isochronous
- Interfaces to Host Class Drivers
- EHCI, OHCI and UHCI compliant
- USB 1.1 supports full speed (UHCI) 12Mb/s and low speed (OHCI) 1.5Mb/s data rates.
- USB 2.0 is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and adds support for the high speed (EHCI) 480 Mb/s data rate.
- Class Drivers include:
- Mass storage (mass storage driver only works on INTEGRITY)
- Hub, keyboard and mouse
- Communication class
- Ethernet, serial and modem
- Supported USB controllers: Atmel, Freescale, Intel, NEC, Opti, Philips, TI OMAP and Via
Device (Function) Stack:
- USB 1.1/2.0
- Implements standard USB control requests
- Provides data transfer services to device class drivers
- Notifies device class drivers of transfers initiated by the host
- By nature, device class drivers are very unique to each device. Green Hills Software provides source code examples of generic mouse, serial and mass storage device class drivers that you can use to implement your own unique USB based peripherals. Custom device class drivers can also be developed for you by Green Hills Software’s consulting services organization.