MIPS Embedded Software Solutions
Real-time operating systems
Software development tools
- MULTI and AdaMULTI development
Quickly develop, debug, test, and optimize embedded and real-time application
- TimeMachine debugging
Go back in time to find every bug in minutes
- DoubleCheck integrated
Easily pinpoint bugs early in development
- Green Hills
Generating the smallest and fastest code from C, C++, and Ada 95
ColdFire optimizing compilers
The Green Hills MIPS optimizing compilers use a common code generator with architecture and processor specific optimizations. MIPs-specific features include:
- Processor Options—Specific to each MIPS architecture and processor supported for optimal performance. This setting determines the instructions permitted as well as the pipeline optimization strategy used.
- Position Independent Code (PIC) and Data (PID)—Allows code and data to be placed anywhere in memory and still run correctly.
- MIPS16e Instruction Set—Generates code for the MIPS16e ASE.
- MIPS-3D—Supports the MIPS-3D ASE through intrinsic functions.
- 64-bit Integers—Supports 64-bit data types, constants, and expressions for all MIPS processors.
- Far Function Calls—Handles code that exceeds the limits of the MIPS call instruction.
- Inline Prologue—Generates inlined code or calls a routine when saving and restoring registers.
- Linker Optimizations—The Green Hills Linker optionally performs additional optimizations for speed and size.
- MIPS32/MIPS64 Release 2—Generates code for the latest version of the MIPS architecture.
- Memory Allocation Functionality—The alloca() function provides a mechanism to allocate a fixed size of memory that is automatically freed when the current function exits
- Small Data Area—The Green Hills Compilers collect frequently accessed variables into a 64KB block of memory. This enables single instruction access to data within this block, saving code size and improving performance.
- Aerospace & avionics
INTEGRITY-178B RTOS, the ARINC 653 partition scheduler, and documentation required for FAA DO-178B Level A certification
- Automotive electronics
Debuggers, compilers (with built-in MISRA C checker), simulator, and profiling tools for powertrain, body, chassis, and infotainment subsystems
RTOS & integrated middleware for industrial systems requiring IEC/EN 61508 safety certification
RTOS & integrated middleware including networking, file systems, USB, embedded databases, graphics and video
High-security microkernel combined with virtualization features to provide guaranteed security without compromising the user experience
- Secure networking
Solutions to secure network devices at their core using integrated layer 3 routing, layer 2 switching, & IPv4/v6 networking protocols
- Software defined
POSIX-conformant RTOS integrated with TCP/IP stack, CORBA, SCA core framework, waveform development solutions, and reference hardware
RTOS and mainstream wireless chipset drivers with complete, mature supplicant agent for devices that require secure wireless connectivity