MIPS Embedded Software Solutions
Software development tools
- MULTI development
Quickly develop, debug, test, and optimize embedded and real-time applications
- TimeMachine debugging
Go back in time to find the most difficult bugs—in minutes
- DoubleCheck integrated
Easily pinpoint bugs early in development
- Green Hills
Generating the smallest and fastest code from C, C++
MIPS optimizing compilers
Green Hills Software has been providing Optimizing C, C++, and Embedded C++ compilers to the embedded industry since 1982. Green Hills optimizing compilers offer hundreds of unique optimizations, each developed as a result of studying how to extract the highest performance from thousands of embedded programs.
The MIPS compiler uses a common code generator with architecture-specific optimizations. Modules for each specific MIPS model exploit pipeline and instruction set characteristics to generate highly optimized binary code.
- Processor Options— Specific to each MIPS architecture and processor supported for optimal performance. This setting determines the instructions permitted as well as the pipeline optimization strategy used.
- Position Independent Code (PIC) and Data (PID)— Allows code and data to be placed anywhere in memory and still run correctly.
- microMIPS—Generate code for both MIPS32 and microMIPS modes of execution
- MIPS Architecture Modules — Generate code for the DSP, Virtualization, and multi-threading (MT) modules from both C/C++ and assembly.
- MIPS16e Instruction Set— Generate code for the MIPS16e ASE
- Linker Optimizations — The Green Hills Linker optionally performs additional optimizations for speed and size.
- Aerospace & avionics
INTEGRITY-178B RTOS, the ARINC 653 partition scheduler, and documentation required for FAA DO-178B Level A certification
- Automotive electronics
Debuggers, compilers (with built-in MISRA C checker), simulator, and profiling tools for powertrain, body, chassis, and infotainment subsystems
RTOS & integrated middleware for industrial systems requiring IEC/EN 61508 safety certification
RTOS & integrated middleware including networking, file systems, USB, embedded databases, graphics and video
- Secure networking
Solutions to secure network devices at their core using integrated layer 3 routing, layer 2 switching, & IPv4/v6 networking protocols
- Software defined
POSIX-conformant RTOS integrated with TCP/IP stack, CORBA, SCA core framework, waveform development solutions, and reference hardware