TriCore Family Embedded Software Solutions
Software Development tools
- MULTI development
Quickly develop, debug, test, and optimize embedded and real-time applications
- Green Hills Optimizing Compilers
Generating the smallest and fastest code from C, C++, and Ada 95
- Green Hills Probe
High-performance real-time debugging
TriCore Optimizing Compilers
- Processor Options - One option for each supported TriCore model. This setting determines the instructions permitted.
- Far Function Calls - Treats all function calls as far calls.
- Small Data Area - The TriCore processor requires two instructions to access data stored at an arbitrary 32-bit address. Green Hills Compilers allow the programmer to put frequently used variables in the SDA section, which is pointed to by a global register. This enables single instruction access to data within the block, saving code size and improving performance.
- Zero Data Area (ZDA) - The zero data area is similar in concept to the small data area. Green Hills Compilers allow the programmer to put frequently used variables in the ZDA section. This enables single instruction access to data within the block.
The Green Hills TriCore Compiler includes full support for automatically generating hardware DSP instructions. The compiler also performs many optimizations to enhance the performance of DSP code, including use of the following:
- Zero overhead loop
- Special addressing modes
- Q15 load/store
Built-in functions are provided to access the DSP instructions, and in C++ there are several DSP classes provided, including the following:
- Fixed point data types (saturated and unsaturated)
- Circular buffers
- Packed data types
- Bit data types