Electronic Warfare Controller for F-16, C-130J, and A-10
The AN/ALQ-213(v5) Electronic Warfare Controller from Terma North America is a platform-independent solution for Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) suites that can be deployed across a mixed fleet of fighters, helicopters, and fixed-wing transport aircraft. The ALQ-213(v5) allows for the integration of any ASE sensor or effector subsystem, such as radar-, missile-, and laser-warning, direct infrared countermeasures systems, jammers, decoys, and dispensers. The pilot has one single interface to all self-protection subsystems, which results in increased survivability and reduced stress on the pilot in critical situations..
Terma AN/ALQ-213(v5) Electronic Warfare Controller (F-16 image courtesy US Air Force)
Terma NA selected the INTEGRITY-178 tuMP RTOS because of the combination of system integrity, safety, and multicore performance. INTEGRITY-178 tuMP was the only RTOS that could meet all of Terma’s requirements:
- Certified conformance to the FACE™ Technical Standard, in support of Terma’s modular open system approach (MOSA)
- Ability to meet DO-178C DAL A airborne safety requirements
- High multicore performance while meeting both safety and security requirements
- Unrivaled security pedigree, including certification of INTEGRITY-178 to the NSA-defined Separation Kernel Protection Profile (SKPP)
- Support for system integrity solutions in an FPGA-based multicore Arm architecture to meet evolving system security engineering (SSE) requirements
- Free from foreign influence – all design, development, and maintenance of INTEGRITY-178 tuMP are performed by U.S. citizens in a U.S. facility owned by a U.S. company
The AN/ALQ-213(v5) will be used as part of Terma North America’s recent $306M indefinite-delivery indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract from the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)-Aviation at Warner Robins in support of the U.S. Air Force (USAF) to provide self-protection hardware, sustainment, and engineering services under the Enterprise Contract to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC). Under that DLA IDIQ contract, the AN/ALQ-213(v5) is available for domestic and foreign military sales (FMS) on any model and block of USAF aircraft, with initial plans for F-16, C-130J, and A-10.
- Press Release (19-Feb-2021)
Terma Selects INTEGRITY-178 tuMP RTOS for Next-Gen Electronic Warfare Controller