Debugging Mastery Internship (Santa Barbara, CA)
About this Job
For many, debugging is a dark art and they are stuck in the stone age. Green Hills Software has been innovating the field of debugging for over 20 years, yet most students are only taught to use print statements to guess and check their solutions. In industry, those students are left to fend for themselves when it comes to debugging. At Green Hills Software, we believe that debugging is a science. With the right mindset and tools: impossible problems become trivial. Our mission is to revolutionize the way debugging is taught to empower the next generation of engineers.
You will develop a debugging course to be taught at top computer science institutions. Your work will become the canonical guide to debugging and will completely change the way people program. Here is what the summer internship will look like:
- Learn the basic and advanced techniques of debugging from top industry experts—engineers who have been creating world class debuggers for over 20 years
- Work on real world software projects that are large and complex. Fix REALLY hard bugs in real world code
- Work with professors from top engineering schools to develop course material
- Have a great time in beautiful Santa Barbara, CA
- The US base salary range for this full-time position is $108,000 - $119,000 + housing + benefits
- Lasts about 10 weeks
- Junior student, senior student planning for graduate studies at the same school, or graduate student
- Capable communicator or experienced T.A.
- Interested in C/C++ programming/debugging
- Open to teaching a course or leading a club when they return to school
Please email your resume to: email@example.com